Here I am interviewing Rachel on the subject of peace.
Me: Rachel, what do you say about peace?
Rachel: Um... okay, talk about giving me short NOTICE!! In fact, really not short notice, no notice at all. Anyway, I would say that when we are right with God and people we are at peace.
Me: Hey, you just stole my thought!
Rachel: It was NOT your thought! LOL. jk. I'll share the credit with you, okay? okay, anyway, Haley just said that she doesn't know a girl that she thought she knew. Lol. That was so random. Anyway, I would say that people generally think of peace as a scenere backdrop on their daily lives. I heard a story of a young girl in Sunday School who was trying to think of the four first Fruits of the Spirit. She said, "Love, Joy, Peace... and, and," another girl shouted, "Peace and quiet!"
Ironically enough, this is how many people view peace. But there is something much more to peace. The Lord assures us in His word that we can have peace through Him, and only through Him. Psalm 23 assures us, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me, Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me." Even if we're going through a horribly dreadful time, we can still be comforted by this amazing, all-surpassing, all-consuming peace of our Heavenly Father. That's how powerful and awesome He is!! That's all I have to say about peace... is that okay?
Me: That's awesome! Thanks a lot! Here are some quotes I found on peace. What are your opinion of them? Quote #1: "Have peace in your heart, and thousands will be saved around you." -Seraphin of Sarov. What is your opinion on this, Rachel?
Rachel: Well, doing apologetics this year has helped me in responding to quotes. They have different questions based on different quotes. So... many times I'll end up agreeing with some part and disagreeing with another part of a quote. It would have to be that way with this one. First of all, I would agree that having peace in your heart is definitely an important thing for a Christian so that non-believers can see how God's power comforts us in weakness. But, then, I would have to disagree by saying that it takes more than simply having peace in your heart to lead someone to the Lord. There are so many other aspects. First of all, you must be able to have a good testimony in other ways besides simply being filled with peace. Also, in many cases you will need to answer questions that the other may have about your faith. And most importantly, Jesus Christ Himself must plant the seed of salvation that will flourish in the hearts of many.
Me: All right. Thank you very much! In parting, I'll quote another quotation; what do you all think about it? "Peace is not the absence of trouble. Peace is the presence of God."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
btw my dear, i love that last quote!!!!!!!!!! I forgot that you asked for the opinion of the COMMON PUBLIC on this quote. So like, that's my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete